Awesome! Your SaaS Company is on the rise! You've already rocked various marketing strategies, and now, it's time to dive into SaaS content marketing, which happens to be a pretty big deal.
Incredible content isn't just your ticket to outshining the competition; it's also the magic ingredient that keeps the social buzz alive, and becomes your top tool for educating your dream customers!
But if you think content marketing is a waste of time, and money and sounds a little preachy, check out the stats from Zen post below because data doesn’t lie,
● The fastest-growing SaaS companies average 1,700 website visits each month,
● 98% of top-performing SaaS companies have blogs,
● High-quality content marketing can generate an ROI of 448% or more for SaaS brands,
● SaaS companies spend $342,000 to $1,080,000 per year (or more) on content marketing.
● Costs 62% less than traditional marketing,
● Generates about 3 times as many leads.
You’ll experience these five benefits when you have a successful SaaS content marketing strategy,
Content marketing costs less than paid ads and delivers a superior ROI compared to paid search. You get three times as many leads per dollar with content marketing, and five months after content creation, your cost per lead drops by 80%, maximizing your ROI.
With paid search, you only get leads as long as you keep paying for ads, which can become costly. Instead, invest in IT content creation, and let it generate leads for months or even years after creation. Each new content piece expands your lead generation sources.
A well-implemented content marketing strategy allows you to help customers understand your product or service without making the sound of “sell”.
And convert high-quality traffic into leads. SaaS content marketing focuses on building interest and reputation, not immediate sales. It's a longer process because many don't realize they need our product yet. We gather quality leads for our sales team, not immediate conversions.
SaaS B2B sales take 83 days on average. To make the most of that time, we use content marketing to target specific markets, use keywords, speak to decision-makers, and share content where it matters. These strategies make our sales process smoother and turn more leads into customers.
With B2B SaaS content marketing, you've got boundless creative freedom to educate customers about their problems and how your solutions can help. Connect with leads through blogs, social media, videos, and podcasts, not just paid platforms or ads.
This space lets you tackle roadblocks to purchases, especially when companies don't realize they have issues. Most of the B2B buyer's journey involves discovering challenges and exploring solutions, which your content can guide.
Plus, your content marketing gets better responses. 80% of decision-makers prefer articles for information over ads.
Content marketing makes your content easy for clients to find. When your content ranks high in search engines and talks about the latest industry trends, businesses will see you as a trusted expert.
Being a thought leader is crucial for earning respect from other businesses, showing you're an expert in technology and SaaS. In fact, more than 88% of business decision-makers say thought leadership content boosts their respect for a company.
A report suggests that a good SaaS customer churn rate for a small company is around 3% to 5% per month. This represents the portion of your devoted customers who might cancel or leave. Content marketing is your ally in reducing churn and boosting overall customer loyalty.
With content marketing, you can consistently provide value to your loyal customers by:
● Enhancing their product/service experience.
● Strengthening your relationship with them.
● Sharing fresh, pertinent insights.
● Collecting feedback to gauge their satisfaction.
What to include in your SaaS content marketing?
1. Content Alignment with Company Vision: Ensure your content aligns seamlessly with your company's overarching goals and mission.
2. Customer-Centric Content: Your content must always serve a purpose. Tailor your content to address specific customer personas to guarantee success. Every B2B SaaS campaign should target three essential personas.
3. Funnel Stage Relevance: Recognize that content plays varying roles at different stages of the customer journey from creating awareness to fostering
4. consideration: Aiding in decision-making, and ensuring customer retention. Learn more about aligning your content with these stages.
5. Content Variety and Formats: Assess the range of content types and formats necessary to bolster your marketing strategy effectively.
6. Optimizing with SEO Research: Leverage the power of SEO research to craft exceptional, highly discoverable content.
7. Structured Topic Categories: Develop topic clusters or categories based on your SEO research. These clusters serve to establish a clear information hierarchy on your website and improve your rankings for relevant search terms.
8. Value Proposition Integration: Harness your company's unique value propositions when crafting content to ensure unified and compelling message delivery to your audience.
9. Content Creation Timelines: Deliberate on your content creation timeline, specifying which content to produce for each quarter, along with setting due dates and publication dates.
10. Streamlined Workflows: Implement a well-defined content workflow to ensure adherence to a structured and standardized process.
11. Measurement through KPIs: Establish a concrete link between your content and key performance indicators (KPIs) to facilitate precise measurement of its success.
12. Engagement with Call-to-Actions: Enhance audience engagement and nurturing by incorporating effective Call-to-Actions (CTAs) within your content.
Which types of content do I create?
The content you make depends on how you plan to share it with your audience. It's all about understanding your audience's preferences and tailoring your content to match. You also need to think about how your content can benefit them at each stage of the process.
Here are eight popular options for reaching your customers:
● Social media
● Case studies
Executing your plan!
Your content should be more than just website decoration. Think about how you put your plan into action. Part of this action is not only creating content but also promoting it.
Share your content through messages, newsletters, ads, and on social media platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. The final step in content marketing is measuring success. This gives you solid data to justify your SaaS content marketing plan.
Remember, whatever content you create should be informative because SaaS companies are all about providing information and help. A good SaaS content marketer should guide people to the ultimate information source – the SaaS product itself.
Fed up with investing time and resources in marketing with no results? Let content marketing do the heavy lifting – it brings quality leads and boosts customer loyalty. In just weeks, watch your revenue soar thanks to our content magic, getting you to your business goals faster!
Contact us to discover our top-notch content solutions that make your brand shine!